My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.terratoby.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.

Training Toby is moving!

Training Toby is moving to Terra Toby. Come and visit!

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Our Dream, Toby's Nightmare!

What a day Toby has had!

He was supposed to go to doggie daycare to avoid the chaos. But unfortunately he came down with an itchy eyelid infection and is banned from daycare until his eyes have healed.

It may look like he forgot to put on his eyeliner, but it's an infection (fingers crossed, bacterial not fungal).
His day started out well, since I stayed home from work. After coffee and a shower instead of leaving for the day, I grabbed his leash and we went for a brisk walk. He loves the cold weather (35 degrees, I checked). Me, not so much - I'd rather be on the beach like Sugar the Golden Retriever :)

From there it was all downhill.

First, the chimney sweeps arrived to remove the 25-year-old wood stove insert from the fireplace. This did not go over well. Ted is on a business trip and Toby's protective instinct went into hyperdrive. He isn't truly aggressive, but barks and barks at the intruders, and he has a big dog bark. The entire hour they were there, he was "on duty". 

Next, the electricians arrived. They went in and out, doing who knows what, poking holes into walls, and doing things involving drills. Every single time they walked in or out, Toby acted like he was seeing them for the first time. He simply could not relax.

Men at work.

Shortly after that, the gas technicians came. We now had 5 men going in and out and even under the house, through the gates, continuously.Toby kept looking at me like, "How are you fine with this? There are strangers everywhere!"

At last I just couldn't stand to see his stress, not to mention how annoying it must have been for the workers. I gave Toby a sedative (prescription) to calm him down. It worked wonders. He was still curious to see what was going on, but no longer fearful.

And after the inspector comes tomorrow we will at long last have a modern, energy-efficient, lovely and convenient gas fireplace in the family room!
Note to my kids: Dad really wants this to be a surprise, so if you read this PLEASE act like you didn't know when he shows it to you for the first time. :/

6 comments :

Lauren said...

hahaha Mom, you are cracking me up!!! It's supposed to be a surprise but you posted it on your blog?!! haha But yes, I know how excited Dad will be so I'll be sure to get wide eyed and amazed! ;)

Poor Toby - his eyes look so sad! That must be miserable. Must be the week for infections... Arsema is super sick and we found out today that she has a UTI. :(

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Oh Toby. Mom used to take me to day care for socialization but I got ill due to my allergies. Oh you just don't know how I miss cold weather. believe it or not low's here at night and early mornings. We are living Upcountry. Happy Friday! Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Kevin said...

Haha oh wow, GREAT secret keeping there Mom....

snoopy@snoopysdogblog said...

Doh - I thought I signed up to get emails when you posted and I didn't know about this post…. :( How are you doing buddy? I hope you're feeling better….

Big wags,

Your pal Snoopy :)

Amy said...

Snoopy, I replied on Mom's email, please let me know if you got it or not :)
Toby

Amy said...

I know, right? You'd better be ready to act surprised when you get home. Actually if I'd realized how excited Dad was about his big secret I would have kept quiet. He brings it up EVERY DAY. So I've been punished plenty for my lapse. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...