Oz the Terrier has nominated Training Toby for an award!
How nice to have a bit of recognition, an acknowledgement that others have seen what you do and, at least on occasion, enjoyed it. The Liebster award seems to be all about exploring new blogs that don't yet have a lot of exposure. It's a very affirming way to grow the blogging community.
Thank you Oz !
I now have a few tasks to complete:
1. Thank the giver (Oz the Terrier) and link back to their blog
2. Share five things about yourself
3. Answer five questions presented by Oz
4. Ask 5 new questions to your nominated bloggers
5. Reveal your top 5 blogs (with less than 200 readers) and let
them know by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Copy and paste the award on your blog
7. Hope that people will forward to their top 5 blogs and keep it
I'm delighted to carry out all of these duties. The awkward thing is, when I write my blog I sometimes (usually) write in my own voice, and occasionally act as Toby's amanuensis (VBP). So in answering the questions I've done my best to distinguish my voice from Toby's barks. I apologize in advance if I do any of these 7 requirements incorrectly.
Oz's 5 Questions to the Nominees
1. What one thing makes you the most happy?
Toby: Being with my family, especially when both Mom and Dad sit on the floor and snuggle me while they watch television.
2. What is your favorite movie and why?
Toby: I had to ask Mom for help on this one. She reminded me that everyone in the family loves Secondhand Lions because it is funny, heartwarming, quirky, family-friendly, has great acting by great thespians (VBP) (Robert Duvall, Michael Caine, Haley Joel Osment), and features a pet lion. Whatever my family loves is good enough for me!
3. Swimming or Hiking?
Toby: Hiking, absolutely. I'm not a big fan of water sports, genetics notwithstanding.
Amy: Swimming, especially scuba. I love hiking too though.
4. Why did you start your blog?
Amy: When I started considering training Toby to be a therapy dog I couldn't find any websites about what the actual experience felt like. So I decided to write one. Since then it has been evolving to encompass (VBP) the pet-blog community, personal thoughts, and so on.
5. If you could change one thing, what would it be?
Toby: Double the food in my dish and triple the pepperoni treats. No - make that quadruple.
Amy: I would like people to be more gentle with each other, with other creatures, and with the Earth.
5 Facts About Me (Toby):
1. My favorite game is keep-away. I keep the toy away from you while you chase me around.
2. I love to steal socks, followed by - see item #1.
3. I like to bury new bones or toys and enjoy them after they've been seasoned with dirt awhile.
4. I love tropical fruits like mango, pineapple, and avocado.
5. Something I truly hate: having my toenails trimmed. Ugh!
Top 5 Blogs (less than 200 readers): These are truly award-worthy blogs, well worth a visit if you don't know them. Please stop by each one.
I'm not sure how to tell how many readers. I tried to use the number of followers.
1. Bailey Unleashed
2. How Sam Sees It
3. Urban Hounds
4. The Poodle (And Dog) Blog
5. Tucker Tells All
5 New Questions for My Nominees:
1. Do you visit dog parks, and why or why not?
2. What trick does your dog (or dogs) perform of which you are the most proud?
3. What is your most annoying or mischievous habit?
4. What is the best part about writing a blog?
5. If you had time to start a new blog, what would it be about?
Note: This post includes some VBP (Vocab Builder Program. I think). For more, click the VBP badge .