My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.terratoby.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.

Training Toby is moving!

Training Toby is moving to Terra Toby. Come and visit!

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Where has Terra Toby Been?

My last post ended with a note: Back next week after a short break. In hindsight I probably should have taken out the adjective.

Buddy Dive Resort, Bonaire, Dutch Antilles


Caribbean Sunset


Giant Anemone


We were going on a scuba vacation, and I feel uncomfortable about announcing plans to travel. Hey thieves, empty house coming right up. But I really did mean to pick up reading blogs and writing my own this week.

Like the song says, life is what happens while you're making other plans.

We came back from vacation and had to unpack and get the house clean, buy groceries, mow, and complete all the other little tasks involved in restoring ordinary daily life. Well, if I'm honest, there was a bit of napping too. Good thing too, as it turns out.

Monday morning Ted left for a business trip. On Tuesday I picked up our 3 year old grandson for a solo visit while his little sister had surgery. (She's doing fine and yesterday we learned that the lump was benign.) Fun? Of course! Every day was full of surprises, sweet moments, and all the joys grandmothers are always blabbing about. We were off and running by 5:30 most days, and the little guy didn't stop moving until 7:30 P.M. For an old retired lady who feels no guilt about sleeping till 8, afternoon siestas, and whiling away the day with a book, it was a revelation to discover that keeping up with a toddler is like taking a 14 hour aerobics class. Every day.






By 7:30 the TV remote and a fork was all the activity I could manage. In all sincerity, I don't know how my daughter keeps up with two. I don't know how I ever did, once upon a time.

Today he went home to his family. So, I'll be back to blogging as usual now. 

But if you don't see a new post for a few days, it's because I'm sacked out on the couch.



No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...