My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.terratoby.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.

Training Toby is moving!

Training Toby is moving to Terra Toby. Come and visit!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Green Smoothie Treat

We've discovered that we love drinking green smoothies for breakfast! I generally mix up a whole blenderful (is blenderful a word? If not it should be!) Then Ted and I each drink a smoothie in a large glass. Most days, this leaves just a little bit extra in the bottom of the blender.

The other day I wondered if Toby might enjoy green smoothies too. And I was itching to try my new pawprint mold.

Sooo - I mixed the leftover smoothie with a little extra water (2 parts smoothie, 1 part water)

The treats came out of the mold shaped perfectly!

But of course the real test is: will Toby eat them?

He seems to approve!
MMM, nose licking good!

Green Smoothie recipe (makes 1 blenderful):

5 kale leaves, rib removed
1 mango, pitted*
1 c. frozen or fresh strawberries*
1 banana*
1/4 c. ground flaxseed meal
1 - 1 1/2 c. water or ice cubes

Blend until smooth. A strong blender that can crush ice is recommended!
*we don't always use this much fruit, but it tastes really good, and this is what we used for Toby's treats

9 comments :

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Kale and Mango, what a combo. We will give it a try. The flaxseed is a PAWsome addition. Happy Tasty Tuesday. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

GizmoGeodog said...

So many great ways to sneak some digestible veggies into the diet...I like to give Gizmo the pulp from the juicer...I'll do kale, carrots, apples, beets & ginger...

Unknown said...

Gosh, I could go for one of those right now!

ChampersandsTail said...

YUM to both the smoothie and dog treats!

Unknown said...

Nice one! Have a wonderful Wednesday.
Best wishes Molly

Misaki @ misadventuresofMisaki said...

Sounds good to me!

Talking-Dogs said...

Hmmm... that sounds good! (and I need to get a mold like that!)

Anonymous said...

I will try it - I love green things :o)

GizmoGeodog said...

Toby you're a Park Day Bingo winner...please email Gizmo's mom with your shipping info Congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...