My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.terratoby.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.

Training Toby is moving!

Training Toby is moving to Terra Toby. Come and visit!

Friday, June 28, 2013

Making The Most Of Today

This morning as I sipped my coffee I caught up on some of my blog reading. Looking at Tales and Tails, I saw that I had missed a post that sounded like bad news. Well, you probably know that beautiful Blueberry had passed earlier this week, and the post was a wonderful tribute to all the love she gave away during her lifetime. I was stunned and deeply saddened, and like so many in blogville was crying by the end of the post. 

A new post was not written this morning. 

Instead,  I grabbed Toby's leash and my purse and we went for a car ride to City Park. We walked across the park to the dog park so Toby could play with other dogs. He played with a beagle, a dachshund, a few of black dogs of various sizes and mysterious ancestry, a pit bull/boxer. It's a hot day, and after about 45 minutes we walked back to the car. I drove to the locally owned pet store near our house. They welcome dogs into their store.

While there we selected a black kong wobble toy for "powerful chewers". We'll see how long it lasts. I also grabbed a rawhide chew to keep Toby busy while the kong was in the freezer.

The first thing Toby did when we got home was bury his rawhide chew. Apparently it wasn't ripe enough yet! Meanwhile I mixed a banana with peanut butter, stuffed the kong, and stuck it in the freezer.

 Under the warm water in the shower I suddenly realized what had happened. I didn't really decide to give Toby a day full of his favorite activities

 But I had subconsciously absorbed the message from Blueberry's wonderful tribute:

Make the most of love today. 




I hope you all spend the weekend doing the same.  And to all of the bloggers who are grieving and struggling, the thoughts of your blog friends are with you.

7 comments :

Molly The Wally said...

Sorry to read about Blueberry. Have a fabulous Friday and a great weekend.
Best wishes Molly

GizmoGeodog said...

How beautiful Toby...There's so many having pain and illness this week and a number of friends have gone OTRB..When I read these I have to pick up Gizmo and give him a big hug to remind him how much he adds tomy life...And yes, we've taken some special trips this week too

24 Paws of Love said...

My husband's favorite saying is "make the most out of each day." Sounds like you did just that. :)

Following you back.

Amy said...

Same to you Molly, thanks for visiting!

Amy said...

Yes it's been one of those weeks. Thank you for understanding.

Amy said...

Thank you for following! Your husband must be a wise man :)

Misaki @ misadventuresofMisaki said...

That's so true! So many of my bloggy friends seem to be sick atm, really makes you think xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...